Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just Getting Started

Well, the title says it all. I am brand new to the world of "blogging" so please be patient as I try to figure it all out.

We are "just getting started" with so many new things right now, I guess that makes for a good time to have some kind of record for it all. The reason for all of our new beginnings, Brian's job change, is going very well. It is a whole new world for us, but I believe we are adjusting. Working on Saturday could be considered a drawback. Okay, it is definitely a drawback but we do enjoy having Brian around more during the week.

Also in the world of "new things" for our family, Jonathan is growing and changing almost every day. He has gotten very good at grabbing things and pulling them straight to his mouth. We have also started him on baby food, so those two activities don't really fit well together. Every time I feed him, there is a consant struggle to get the spoon in his mouth before he grabs it and shoves it ALL the way into his mouth. I keep telling him that bypassing his tongue and sending the food straight to his tonsils will not make it taste any better. You know kids... they must learn the hard way! Other news in Jonathan's world, drool is very cool. He is a non-stop drool machine. I keep checking for teeth, but no sign of them yet.

Now to go from youngest to oldest, Abby (aka "little mama") just started 1st grade this week. We have only done two days so far, and plan to have a full week beginning Monday. I think this is going to be a great experience for our whole family. Abby is adjusting to the fact that we don't have storytime on rug, and she is teaching me to sing the really important stuff. If Mrs. Moses did it a certain way, then that is the way it must be done. I have very big shoes to fill.

And we cannot forget about our precious Daniel... he is really growing up quickly. He, too, enjoys school. He loves to ask what I have for him to do. As I finish giving him his set of instructions, he is quick to say "and then what." I find him going into the classroom all throughout the day to "do his work." His favorite things to do right now are tracing letters and doing matching worksheets.

As for Mommy, not much going on that you haven't read in the previous paragraphs. God has really been showing Himself to me through many things, mostly through the children, of course. I am really trying to have my mind open to whatever God wants me to learn. I wonder if He is waking Jonathan every three hours so that I will be completely exhausted and desperate for His help and mercy. It's working!

Well, duty calls. I promise to have more relevant pictures next time, but these are really cute...







Notice the saliva hanging from his chin!

3 comments:

AnneT said...

This is great. I look forward to following along from time to time...

Love you all!
Anne

Megan said...

It's great to see pictures of the kids! Jonathan is getting so big!!! I am so glad you started blogging.

God's girl said...

This is great! I am so excited you have a blog. Great way to keep in touch.
Much love,
Ang